Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.espressivochorus.com.
Our business address is Espressivo Chorus Ltd, 93 Forest Road, Huddersfield, HD5 8ET
We can be contacted via email at email@example.com
General Privacy Notice
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a EU regulation which comes into force on 25 May 2018. GDPR regulates and influences the way in which we handle personal information and data stored on individuals.
- Personal data is information about a living individual which is capable of identifying that individual, e.g. names, email addresses, photos
- Processing is anything done to or with personal data, including storing it.
- The data subject is the person about whom personal data is processed
- The data controller is the person or organisation who determines he how and what of data processing.
Name and Contact details of the Data Controller
This Privacy Notice is provided to you by the Directors of Espressivo Chorus Ltd who are the data controller for your data. A description of what data and for what purpose is set out in this privacy notice. For all maters (including questions about this privacy notice) or to exercise rights, raise queries or complaints, please contact Richard Quarmby, Espressivo Chorus Ltd, 93 Forest Road, Huddersfield, HD5 8ET
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
The data controller will process some or all of the following:
- Names and titles
- Contact details such as telephone numbers, addresses and email addresses
- Where you provide them to us we may process demographic information such as gender, age, and marital status.
- When you purchase a product or pay for an activity such as concert tickets, singing days or participation in a concert we may process financial identifiers such as bank account numbers, payment card numbers and payment/transaction identifiers.
The data controller will compy with legal obligations to keep personal data up to date, to store and destroy it securely, to not collect or retain excessive amounts of data, to keep personal data secure and to protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure.
Use of Personal Data
We use your personal data to enable us to carry out the following purposes:
- to meet legal and statutory obligations
- to send out notices and publications related to Espressivo Chorus events and services, including information on forthcoming events, and to keep you informed of the progress and details of events to which you have signed up and/or expressed an interest in
- to administer Espressivo Chorus client records
- to maintain our own accounts and records
- to notify you of changes to our services, events and post holders
- to ensure that payments that you have made are properly recorded and that services and products that you have requested are delivered to you
- to send you communications which you have requested which may include information about forthcoming events and services offered by Espressivo Chorus
- The data that we process is NOT likely to constitute sensitive personal data
- Internet cookies are only used as generic session identifiers when visiting our website (but please see the section on registered users of the website below) and
- Our website is also accessible from overseas so on occasion some personal data (for example in a newsletter) may be accessed from overseas.
Basis for the use of information
Most of our data is processed because it is necessary (1) for our legitimate interests in providing a service to Espressivo Chorus clients and in fulfilling our obligations to statutory bodies in keeping a proper record of our management and affairs and (2) because some of our processing may be necessary for compliance with a legal obligation.
Where your information is used otherwise than in accordance with (1) or (2) we will first obtain your consent to that use, for example if you sign up to our mailing list you will have to confirm your subscription via a weblink before your name and email is added to the mailing list, and if you apply to take part in our events then you will have to actively accept our terms and conditions which includes giving consent to our processing of your data and use of your image and recordings of your performance as part of our operations.
Categories of Recipients
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential. It will only be shared with third parties where it is necessary for the performance of our tasks or where you give us your prior consent. It is likely that we will need to share your data with some or all of the following (but only where necessary):
- Our agents, servants and contractors. For example, we may ask a commercial provider to send out newsletters on our behalf. Our email mailing list is maintained by mailigen.com and a record of subscibers names and email addresses is held by them. Payment processing activites are carried out by WorldPay.
- On occasion, other organisations with which we are carrying out joint events or activities.
Retention of data collected
We will keep some records permanently if we are required to do so. We may keep some other records for an extended period of time. For example, it is current best practice to keep financial records for a minimum of 7 years to support HMRC audits. In general we endeavour to keep data for only as long as we need it. This means that we may delete data when it is no longer required. When data is deleted we will ensure that it is done so in a secure manner.
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request information we hold on you
- The right to correct and update any information we hold on you.
- The right to have your information erased.
- The right to object to processing of your data
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time for any processing of data to which consent was sought.
Right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
You can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0301231113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at The Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe Hourse, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
For users of the website when leaving comments or uploading files or images
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Information submitted via the contact form will be retained for as short a period as necessary to deal with customer service issues arising and then permanently deleted from our system, unless it contains a specific request to be added to a list for our services. Details supplied via the contact forms will not be used for marketing purposes.
Information submitted via the Concert sign up form, or a form for a specific event forms part of a contract between the client submitting that information and Espressivo Chorus and will be processed for the purposes of fulfilling that contract in line with our terms and conditions which the client will need to agree to in order to submit the form.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we protect your data
Personal data is encrypted within the website using SSL technology and stored behind a firewall.